Sunday, August 12, 2012

and i'm off...

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has courage to lose sight of the shore"
Andre Gide

In four short hours, I will be leaving kenosha with five of my wonderful roommates and best friends. My bags are finally packed. I've eaten my fair share of pizza and peanut butter balls. I've loaded my external hard drive with movies. And my camera has two fully charged batteries. 

SO does this mean I'm ready??

I THINK YES!

For all of you who are curious, my itinerary for the next few days consists of airplanes and airports.

Flight #1: Chicago to New York City! 7:00am - 10am
(Layover in JFK where I get to meet most of the other volunteers!! We can be anxious, sad, and excited together!)

Flight #2: NYC to Zurich, Switzerland! 6:10pm - 8:25am

Flight #3: Zurich to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania! 9:25am - 8:05pm 

Then we have an hour and a half drive to Mpingo Farm Stay where we will get to sleep and shower! It's definitely going to be a long few days, but then I'll actually be in AFRICA! Bittersweet good-byes will be happening soon, but I'm willing to lose sight of this shore to discover new oceans, new people and new places :)


No comments:

Post a Comment