Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kiswahili Biblia

“Furahini siku zote; 
ombeni bila kukoma; 
shukurini kwa kila jambo; 
maano hayo ni mapenzi ya Mungu kwena katika Kristo Yesu.” 
1 Wathesalonike 5:16-18

“Rejoice always,
 pray continually, 
and give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Life in Tanzania…there are times when it just hits me that this is home for the next year. I don’t have much to say tonight, but this passage has given me hope these past few days. There’s something powerful in the Kiswahili translation, and I am happy I was able to purchase the Kiswahili Biblia yesterday, in hope that I can simultaneously continue to dive deeper in the Lord’s Word and the beautiful language of the country in the coming months.  

No comments:

Post a Comment