Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When it rains, it pours...


Friday morning I woke up clean, happy, refreshed, and feeling good about things. I put on a freshly washed skirt and sweater, my hair looked decent still, and I was feeling good about how clean I felt! It’s been a while since I’ve actually felt clean, so this is certainly noteworthy!…When my driver came, I pulled on my giant coat and helmet and hopped on the back of the piki piki and we were off. In approximately two minutes time, it started to sprinkle…which turned into a steady rainfall…which quickly just became a downpour. I could feel the water running down my back, soaking through my skirt and leggings, and when I looked down I noticed the dirt and water had splashed all the way up the side of my legs. By the time I got to school, my feet were brown, my leggings soaked through and dirty from the road (may I remind you that I had hand washed them the day before), and my skirt was literally so wet that I had to wring it out so it didn’t drip on my feet during class. Luckily my coat protected my clean white sweater and my helmet mostly saved my hair. At this point, what else can I do but simply go teach my classes? However, because it was still raining, it was freezing cold and windy all day. By the time I got home that afternoon, I was chilled to the bone, had the sniffles, and couldn’t take my wet clothes off fast enough. I put on as many warm clothes as I own…(one pair of paints and one light sweatshirt)…and curled up in bed for a two-hour nap. It was the worst! So much for being clean…I haven’t been that wet and dirty since the last time I was at the beach. Lesson of the day: appreciate the good days when you have them and live them up while you can because the next day might just be the worst…

No comments:

Post a Comment