Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Better than Christmas!!!


Habari njema: We went to the post office on Friday afternoon, it was open, and we got all of our mail!!! Literally after months of waiting and wondering and worrying, we got everything we’ve been waiting for! It’s hard to describe the feeling of ecstasy, when you live in the middle of nowhere, with little contact with from home, to finally receive the packages and letters that have been sent to you. When I say it’s better than Christmas morning, it’s no joke. Highlights of the two packages from my parents: map of Wisconsin and the US; pictures of our house, snow, and fallen leaves; graph paper; wash cloths; markers!; electrolytes and protein bars (certainly a necessity here); new underwear; dove chocolate and candy corn; and 2 new pairs of leggings! I can’t wait to show my students and fellow teachers pictures of America, especially the snow! And considering I wear the single pair of leggings I have every day because of my piki piki ride, having 2 more pairs will revolutionize my life! As will the new underwear, because for those of you who have never been without a washing machine, hand washing anything in bucket is the worst, most ineffective, frustrating thing in the world. Is anything ever clean? Doubtful. So this is precisely why Friday afternoon was better than Christmas morning!

Although it took several weeks for me to finally receive anything, it is such a relief to know that things have made it all the way around the world! Of course, my mother already wants to know what she should put in the next package, but I can’t even imagine what I want yet…the shock and awe of this first delivery needs to set in first! Until then, letters are always welcome J

1 comment:

  1. I've a few surprises up my sleeve. Nate, Dad and the rest of the family are workin' on it...

    ReplyDelete