Monday, December 3, 2012

Still Moment by Moment


Pretty much this whole week was moment by moment, have you noticed trend these past few post?….I could be feeling just fine one moment, and do a complete 180 the next. I could lay down for a 39 minute nap when all is right with the world, and wake up to be in the worst mood. Or I could be so happy that we were going to make pancakes for dinner, only to realize it’s 6:00pm and we don’t have our milk yet and I actually can’t make the pancakes, so I hate life. And then once the milk is delivered 20 minutes later, I forget that I was upset, my good mood is restored, and the pancakes are actually delicious! Yes, I certainly did master the art of pancakes on a charcoal jiko. Ok, maybe master is a bit strong, but it was still an impressive feat. Orrrrrrr you could be happily typing away on your blog, relishing the wonderful memories from the past week, telling yourself that those low points will hopefully make someone laugh, actually thinking things are really not that bad here stop being so dramatic, when Marisa reminds me that in the 12 weeks of living here, we have failed to determine how to retrieve our mail from the post office. I’m now crying. From laughing too hard mostly, but really….This is not for lack of effort however. The post office in Rulenge is run by a local nun, but it has been closed the 3 times we’ve stopped (mind you, it’s an hour and a half walk that we generally only make on Saturdays).  We have also had both of our head masters check, one of Marisa’s students personally delivered a letter asking her to call us, and we asked a fellow teacher heading to Rulenge to call us if she was open. Still no luck. It kills me to think about the multiple packages and letters that are potentially waiting for us. Labda siku moja….perhaps one day…

So there you have it. Moment by moment here in Muyenzi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment