Saturday, April 20, 2013

Change.


Change your thoughts and you change your world.

Lately, it's been all-to-easy to focus on May 23...the day I will arrive in America! I've started my countdown and I seriously can't wait to be home again! However, the issue with this mindset is that I'm all too focused on the future, forgetting to live in the present and embrace every moment I have left here in Tanzania. I sit here and complain about not having enough water, not being able to send a text message, not being able to sleep because the rain is so loud on our tin roof. Then I remind myself that I have the ability to pack up and leave in a month, and then that's it. And I'm certain that after a few short weeks at home, I'll just want to be back in Muyenzi with our bat friends and candlelight dinners!

So, when I came across this quote this morning, I've realized that I must refocus, changing my thoughts so that I can appreciate the rest of my time here, and embracing all things with a positive attitude. I have been reminded this week the power of a smile, a wave, a friendly greeting. Rather than focus on all the frustrations of living here and counting down the days, I can change my world to simply spread joy in every single moment.

See you soon America...but until then, we'll be living it up in Africa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment