Saturday, April 13, 2013

Reach for the Stars


Coming back from break has been a bit rough, not going to lie. Being in Kigali reminded me of all I’m missing out on: hot showers, internet, a plug, good food, and most importantly everyone back home.  Then, the week really started off on the wrong foot, as we didn’t make it to Muyenzi until Monday, which meant that I missed three classes and didn’t get a chance to prepare for the rest of the week’s lessons. While 6 weeks here is ultimately very short, I was torn between really just wanting to be home, and feeling the need to make the most of my remaining time here.

So what does one do when things get a little down, play some good jams and tune out the world for a little while. And S Club 7 did the trick instantly on Thursday!

…So reach for the stars
Climb every mountain higher
Reach for the stars
Follow your heart’s desire
Reach for the stars
And when that rainbow shining over you,
That’s when your dreams will all come true!

Thank you for the reminder that while it may not always be easy, I am here following my dreams, climbing mountains and reaching for the stars. And as I look forward to the next stage of life, I’ve still got 40 more days to climb the mountain a little higher, catch a few more stars, and to admire the beauty of the African rainbow shining all around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment