Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Christmas Time is Here


Traditionally, Christmas is celebrated on December 25, everyone knows that. For some, Christmas is in July…whether they missed the previous Christmas or are just eagerly anticipating the Christmas to follow it’s hard to say. But here in Muyenzi, Christmas was celebrated on Tuesday February 5….only 7 weeks after the rest of the world. Why? Because that is how long it took for any of the Christmas cards and packages to finally reach our humble abode.
            Thanks to my wonderful family, I received so many fun things in my two packages! Including, but not limited to: band-aids, ibuprofen, protein bars, beef jerky, nail polish, deodorant, dove chocolate, new flip flops and tshirts, and perhaps most exciting: GOLDFISH! Ahhhh. It doesn’t take much to make my day here, and Goldfish certainly make my whole week.



 
I almost forgot the pure, simple enjoyment of opening a package!

Yes, I got band-aids and ibuprofen for Christmas. And I'm so happy about it!


Better late than never, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment