Friday, February 15, 2013

Welcome to my Desk



Just a glimpse into my daily life here at Bukiriro. Exercise books to mark, lessons to plan, chalk dust everywhere, and a lovely new kanga to keep a smile on my face because underneath it all, my desk looks so pretty! I’ll be honest though, teaching all four classes an intense mathematics syllabus, as well as teaching my Form 1’s and Form 2’s as many English class as possible, is an extremely daunting task! It’s a lot of work and at the end of the day I’m exhausted! While it would be easy to be discouraged, especially when you give a seemingly very easy exam to 70 Form 4 students and have 6 students score 0/10 and only 2 score 10/10, you have to just keep it all in perspective. For those two, you are making a difference, and for the other 68 students, well, maybe it doesn’t necessarily matter if they understand how to write the equation of a line or not. They have many skills that students in America will never have, and they can still be successful outside the classroom. So, I guess I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing, show the students that I care about them a million times over, and we will simply enjoy our next four months together! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment