Saturday, February 23, 2013

WIN a Fork!


Remember when you were little and you opened a new box of your favorite cereal, reached inside, and pulled out new toy? Or perhaps your box of crackerjacks had the latest action figure? Or maybe that McDonald’s happy meal came with your favorite new teeny beanie babie….those were the good old days, weren’t they? I mean, all that anticipation, excitement, and joy from that simple little surprise found in your food!

Actually, sounds a little crazy if you ask me.

However, the highlight of my week was certainly finding a prize fork in my 22 pound bag of rice on Wednesday!! Yes, the pure simple delight of finding a prize in your food has even reached the African continent! When I reached in to measure out our ration of rice for the night, I was startled when I hit something hard….and low and behold, I pulled out a brand new, neatly packaged, heavy duty fork. Literally the best surprise ever! Does it make carrying the 22 pounds of rice across country borders worth every ounce of frustration as it was slung across my shoulder, oh certainly! I mean, who wouldn’t want to win a free fork in their sack of rice?

We also now have four forks instead of three…which is just a much nicer number of forks for a household of two in the bush. Don’t you think?

In fact, this is such a great highlight, that this is the only blog post that you will be getting this week. Pole sana! However, surprisingly enough, I’ve actually had a really busy week in the bush, which means minimal time to write posts. But I promise to bring wonderful updates for all of you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment